Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Yesterday I visited the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls.  Today was the Argentinean side.  Eleanor Roosevelt was 100% correct...  the waterfalls here are like nothing I could have imagined.  I've had more interaction with people today than any previous day, so it's by far my favorite.  Who would have thought I'd  be relieved to be in a locale where Spanish is the most commonly spoken language?  Yesterday we met Vanessa from Lisbon e Cecilia from Lyon.  We assisted Cecilia on the paths along the falls with her wheelchair, and they were very pleasant.  We also ran into them today in Argentina.  I had a nice little conversation with a guy from Saudi Arabia and talked about tourism in the U.S., including California and Niagara Falls.  We also kept running into a couple from Seattle today who were very talkative and informative about sites to see in Argentina.  I had an amazing shower after riding a boat under the falls.






Back at the hostel, we socialized and played pool with Peter e Peter from Poland, now both of London.  Renata (the owner of the hostel) was present with her niece, Maria.  The billiard balls here are all solids, so we played a variation of 8-ball (four-player) where one side was even- and the other side was odd-numbered balls.  Here, the rack is backward and the 1-ball is taken out of the rack to serve as a version of the 8-ball...  so we ended up breaking an inverted 14-ball rack.  I lost my ass while teaming with Luis, and lost to Luis on a foul when playing cutthroat with one of the aforementioned Peters.






















I hope Livia did a good job of planning the route for tomorrow, because I totally screwed off tonight.  My instructor e-mailed me and basically told me not to worry about having my assignments graded for two weeks.  So that's exactly what I did.

Photos to come.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Do you know what I love about the picture of all of you at the falls? Where, pray tell, is your camera strap?

Brandon said...

Thanks for your astute observation, Dad.