Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Monday, November 14, 2011

At Foz do Iguaçu, there's a place called Devil's Throat, which I was in, and it's actually a pretty pleasant place.  Today, I think I woke up with the devil in my throat, which I blame on the Puyehue-Cordon Caulle erutpion (instead of the coughing and sneezing of my travel mates...  seems that it's my turn, now).  It's much better to be in the devil's throat than vice versa.

Today I went to Punta Tombo to see the penguins.  It's very strange to see such a huge colony of the little tuxedoed guys against the backdrop of the Argentinean steppe.  There's some wonderful wildlife, despite the penguins getting all of the attention.  I'm told that I kicked a tinamou off of its nest (eggs pictured below) in my haste to snap photos of some Guanacos.




























This bird landed on my arm while I was trying to photograph the penguin in the background:




















Penguin fight!




iPod is still present and accounted for, but my cell phone is to be featured in an upcoming Sherlock Holmes tale.  My personal theory is that the penguins are playing Angry Birds.  Perhaps that's what they were fighting over...   Beware the penguins.

Doo-be doobie-doo...  

0 comments: