Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The days are starting to run together, and that’s a problem if I miss a night blogging.  I had to look back at my photos before I could even remember what to write about.

We spent our last full day in Ushuaia getting the previously chipped windshield repaired, shopping for souveniers/gifts, and trekking at Glaciar Martial.  If you click the image for the larger photo, you may be able to make out our trail as it winds its way up the mountainside.  As has come to be expected when I have international photo opportunities at major geographic locations, the wind and rain was relentless…  until we were on our way back down, that is (à la Giant’s Causeway, 2010).



















I remember thinking it would be depressing to live in a place where it is always cold, but Ushuaia is a beautiful place, and has much more to offer than the average town of this size. I suspect there is a reasonable chance I may return someday… if only as my port of call to Antarctica.



Oh, look…  a rainbow!



















While not photographing every one I’ve seen on this trip, I’ve probably seen more in the last two weeks than in most of the previous years of my life combined. And this is the only place where I’ve actually seen the end of the rainbow.

0 comments: