Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Thursday, December 1, 2011




















Today we explored the Torres del Paine national park. We were encouraged to go view the “enormous” waterfall, which ended up looking a bit like a runny nose after having seen the falls at Foz do Iguaçu. The trekking was nice though, and the mountains did not disappoint. Once again, rain on the journey and sunshine for the return. I’m not sure that I’ll ever dry out.


 



















There was a caravan of RVs that were on a six-month journey that took them from the southern tip of South America to the northernmost part of Alaska. Some of them seem to take similar journeys every year. Some people marvel at how I’m able to take off work for six weeks, but I have encountered many people taking months or even over a year to travel here. Clearly, our investment portfolios do not closely resemble one another.





















I also saw my first glacier an impressive glacier, albeit from a distance… not to be confused with the iceberg in the foreground.




















We’re staying in a roadside motel that’s intended for truckers in an Argentinean town deceptively called Esperanza. Again, the concern for women is voiced. We elected not to drive into El Calafate so late on a Saturday night without a reservation, so it will be a short drive tomorrow. I feel fortunate that we’re the only ones staying in a room with six bunks. I feel that if someone were above me, the bed would collapse. The associated restaurant appears better, as it caters to tour busses as well as truck drivers.





0 comments: