Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Speaking of no bread, my breakfast was taken off of the table by the owner of the hostel while I was still eating this morning. I sincerely believe that it was secondary to the language barrier instead of meanness. However, that’s just one more thing to add to my bad review. I think she was afraid that we would try to leave without paying because we were unhappy with her, because when we got back to the hostel tonight the front desk clerk insisted that we pay the bill before we were allowed to return to our room.

Glaciar Perito Moreno is one of the few advancing glaciers in the world. Somehow, it feels wrong to be walking on what is already supposed to be threatened by my actions thousands of miles away. The trekking wasn’t nearly as difficult nor as cold as I expected.













I’m amazed at how little Argentine music we’ve heard on this trip. It’s mostly American with some British thrown in occasionally. We were lucky enough to have one of the guides play an original song for us after the climb, but we had to specifically request that he sing in Spanish.






I spent the afternoon zip lining down a mountain, followed by some great Argentine barbecue with some new 
friends.







0 comments: