Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I was bitten and chased by this Toucan today…  when I get back to Los Estados Unidos, I’m calling in sick.


Short day on the road, driving from Foz do Iguaçu to San Ignacio, but I’m now in Argentina for the foreseeable future.  I paid 310.01 Argentinean pesos for three quarters of a tank of gas today.  Before you go to a currency converter, yes - that’s a lot.  I’ll be glad to get back into the land of,  errr... cheap gas?















Argentina is absolutely beautiful so far.  We spent the day driving through the Atlantic Forest.  It’s green in the way I thought of Ireland being green before I went there.  The police have checkpoints set up along the road and can search your belongings on a whim.  If you want to avoid all of that, you can apparently make it appear that you are going to cause them a big hassle when they ask to look in your baggage, and they will call it off.  Luiz just blocked traffic and asked the gringo to help him with the luggage, and the policia reconsidered their request.  I’ve also been told there’s nothing that 50 pesos can’t fix with the police, so….   I love this country, despite gas  prices.  Don’t piss me off, or I’ll take your ass to Argentina. 

San Ignacio has some wonderful 400 year old ruins of a Jesuit mission.  The scale and craftsmanship is really quite amazing.  At night they have a hologram show.  Yes, that’s right.  I came to South America and saw Star Wars technology.














Speaking of technology, while we were dining there was a girl texting while riding her bicycle down the street.  She ran into the back of a parked tour bus.


At Bird Park in Foz do Iguaçu:


0 comments: