Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today was relatively lazy, and much-needed. My favorite part about today was finally getting some clothes laundered.  I'm afraid there's little hope for my first pair of sandals though, and I doubt the second pair will last for the remainder of the trip.  I see an investment in footwear in my future.

I was glad to be able to explore centro de Viedma on foot today. Perhaps not as beautiful (quaint?) as San Miguel, but still very nice.  There's actually a law in this town that prohibits the sale of sunglasses outside of shops designated specifically for that purpose!  Fortunately, we were able to ask around and find a bootlegger of said goods.  I am now officially an international criminal.

We ventured along the coastline and stopped at Faro Rio Negro which was built in 1887.  In remarkable shape, it is the oldest surviving lighthouse in Patigonia and, amazingly, still in use today.





















The number of parrots flying in the wild was simply astounding to a gringo.  They must have eaten all of the seagulls.






















We enjoyed an amazing homemade pasta dinner at a restaurant overlooking the coastline.  The beach here is made of some very unique rock formations with no sand at all, and counterintuitively I was privilege to a sunset on the South American side of the Atlantic coastline.


















0 comments: