Popular Posts

Followers

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

Tuesday, November 15, 2011
I sliced a finger and stabbed another one while packing for this vacation.  I lacerated a toe while walking down the street in Foz do Iguaçu.  Today I played foosball until the skin peeled from my fingers...  and still managed to lose! At this rate, I'll have no arms left by the end of the trip.

Today began with a snorkeling trip with sea lions, followed by a very brief scuba diving session.  My first dive was cut short when my weight belt took a cue from the Argentinean bankers and oil workers and went on strike.  Fortunately, I was in shallow waters at low tide and nitrogen crisis was averted, despite the rapid ascent.  Following that, we dined with two other divers from the trip (who will hopefully forgive my likely horrible misspellings of their names); Jean-Marc from Brussels, and Noelia from Madrid.  There was almost zero driving today, and I was able to take one of my famous old-man naps before dinner, which we shared with our hostel-mate Gesine from Isenburg at the restaurant of the dive shop owner.







0 comments: